Saturday, February 19, 2011

Game Review(s) - Part 1 : Final Fantasy X

Like what I've mentioned in my previous post ,I've been indulging myself days & nights playing & beating several games during my CNY sem break last month..& I thought maybe I could write some game reviews about them here ,even I know nobody's going to read them here except future me...
Here goes :

Final Fantasy X
----------------
This was the 2nd time I played it , the 1st time was nearly 7 years ago when I was still in form 1, which it was also the 1st few games that I played when my big bro 1st bought me a PS2 that time...It really brought back some nostalgic moments as I played through it all over again , this title was the 1st Final Fantasy title I've experienced at that time , as I didn't owned a PS1 before I got my PS2 , so I didn't really have the chance to come across any other Final Fantasy titles...

In fact , I didn't really paid much attention to the Final Fantasy series even though I've heard of this name several times before...but somehow I'm glad it's the 1st FF game that I played ,because without any past experiences & background knowledge of playing any of the FF series, thus I don't have any expectations for this game & so the 'virgin factor' of it really gave me lots of excitements..from the story to its gameplay & to the graphics & the voice acting...they were simply wonderful...

Of course after finished the game for the 2nd time after all these years of gaming ,the excitement it gave me was not as 'exciting' as it was when I 1st played it back then..
(The 'virgin factor' is gone... you can only have your '1st time' ONCE afterall...)
But it's still able to impress me , even though it's a game released nearly 10 years ago....
It means this game really have the lasting appeal..at least to me...

If I have to further analysis it in a detail manner ,I'd have to say the voice acting & lively body & facial animations have a lot contributions to this ....they really brings out the lively personalities of each of the characters...& they are all quite likable & easy to related to the ones we'd encounter in our daily lives...the overall plot line is actually quite simple & easy to digest..

About the story summary of the game , it's your typical hero adventure kinda storyline , with your main character, Tidus suddenly flushed out (or should I say,sucked out?) from his peaceful home into a totally strange world & ended up figthing monsters ,lots of monsters with the initial intention of surviving & hopefully be able to find a way back home...
Eventually Tidus will have lots of powerful & interesting allies fighting along side with him , & then there's the final boss,Sin that he will have to fight , in order to go home ( There are actually more personal reason for Tidus to confront Sin , other than get back home...as Sin is his father whom he hated the most since he was a kid but in truth ,he is just missing his old man for his sudden disappearance years ago.. )

This game really proves that ,you don't really need all the complicated storyline filled with unexpected plot twist & mysteries to make a story interesting & enjoyable....
Oh ,did I mention about the tocuching romance between Tidus & Yuna ?
It is probably the best scenario & main attraction of the entire game..
all thanks to the terrific voice overs that really able to bring out the emotions of the characters=)

Before I'm done..there's one more thing I'd like to add , though this part shouldn't really be considered part of the review of the game ,but it's more like my personal experience that I gained from this game & I'd like to share it out here...
I actually learn quite a big deal of English from this game..well, maybe I should say this is one of the many games that really helps me gain interest in the language & more or less improves it...it's really nothing too msytical about it, this is a heavily story-driven RPG game,
which means it has hours of cutscenes & dialouges (most of them are with voice overs ) ..
& I'm the kind of gamer who really loves to read & listen through every single word or text there is ...when you listen & read that much(even if it's from a video game ,afterall ,a game is yet another medium used to convey messages & stories ,in an interactive way...) it's only naturally your language proficiency of that particular language will gradually improve over time...that's how it works on me....I think...

Anyway that's more or less of what I've to say or write about Final Fantasy X....
more game reviews are coming (I hope...)

No comments: